UNDERHILL FARM RIDING SCHOOL
Underhill Farm's riding school program is one of the strongest in the area. We have safe, kind lesson horses, and trainers with an enormous amount of riding and training experience. Our lesson horses are suitable for riders of varying levels, and many have competed in the past. Some of these horses are available to be leased for horse shows.
All of our lessons are taught by Christopher, Lauren, or Stewart, who have 20+ years of teaching and riding experience each, and who compete at the national level of their sport year-round. All 3 trainers stress safety and horsemanship while building a strong basic foundation and making learning to ride fun. Underhill Farm has produced riders from the lesson program that have gone on to compete at USEF Pony Finals, Indoors, Zone Finals, and many other illustrious competitions.
What we ask of our riders:
• Arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the start of the lesson as well as staying 15-20 minutes after the lesson to take care of the horse and tack.*
• Arrive with a ASTM F1163-04A/SEI certified helmet.
• Wear hard soled, heeled foot wear such as paddock boots with optional half/full chaps or tall boots. These items can be purchased at Dover Saddlery in Hamel, and we are happy to suggest options for first timers before you invest in the equipment.
• A riding release must be completed before the start of the first lesson. The release can be printed from HERE.
• Due to the demand for lessons and in consideration of our horses and instructors we do ask for a 24 hour cancellation notice.
*Due to Covid-19, our staff is currently doing all care and tacking of the riding school horses.
RIDING SCHOOL LESSON RATES
***Due to COVID-19 we are only giving
Private lessons at this time***
* Pre-paid Discount Packages are available:
5 Lessons - 5% Discount
10 Lessons - 10% Discount
To find out more about our Riding School or to schedule a tour of the facility and arrange a first lesson please contact us:
Lesson Rates Effective 1/1/21